Wednesday 27 February 2008

self identity #6 - Merging and UVW maps

Well I have found out how to put the 3d elements I have started making into the 3d box of environments I have already created. This is achieved using the merge tool and then arranging and scaling them down to size within the environments.

I also had to find out how to align the pictures within the environments and elements and this is achieved with the use of UVW mapping and aligning where the picture is placed. I have found this time consuming, as you have to sub divide the materials and give each an ID and within this complex layout it has proved difficult to do! However I am slowly getting there and step-by-step the environments are becoming more complete.

Below are a few screen shots of the environments so far although still a long way to go yet!

No comments: