Monday 2 March 2009

Game design #2

After looking at existing nutritional games it became apparent that most incorporated the idea of food groups into the game play. I thought about this but then decided if possible I could incorporate perhaps calories into my game play as this would be something not yet done. This brought about perhaps a gage showing the calorie levels of the food eaten or perhaps a character getting fatter the more calories they consumed. I also came about the idea of using a character already recognisable to children, as they were then more likely to play the game and take in the information provided from the game play. After looking at the ‘Nick Jnr’ website for shows available and characters well known to children I decided to use ‘Dora the explorer’ as she is widely known and already includes educational aspects within the show itself.

No comments: