Wednesday 23 January 2008

Interactive box ideas

I have been doing some thinking about what makes me who I am and my own personal identity and so far I have come up with a few ideas.

Firstly one of the main things I feel that has made me who I am is my dancing. The fact that I have danced since I was three has made me disciplined and hard working from a young age and therefore shaped me into who I am now and the teachings from my classes can be applied to day to day life too. I was therefore thinking that I could perhaps create a 3D version of point shoes, which could animate and dance around to a track I greatly identify with dancing.



Another big part of me is having a positive outlook on life and I enjoy seeing the people around me happy and smiling and after the seminar with Andy looking at text I thought perhaps I could incorporate it into my box. He mentioned perhaps using a favourite word reflecting who we are so possibly I could use the world smile and animate it to do just that.

During my interview we discussed the fact that I would like to continue with interactives next year and therefore it might be a good idea to incorporate this into the design of my box. I had been thinking about this and have come up with a simple first idea of how I could do this. Looking at a simple yet addictive game on miniclip.com 'Doodle’

( http://www.miniclip.com/games/doodle/en/) I thought of the idea of having a maze-style pathway around the box with a stick man which the user moves through the pathways into each of the different sections. Each section could then only become interactive when the character is within it, helping to add to the interactivity.

I have found it quite hard to think of things that give me my identity and so thought as I am home this weekend I thought I would ask family and friends what they thought was part of my identity and see if any of there inputs give me some inspiration.

No comments: