Saturday 26 January 2008

There.com #1 - Learning the basics

Well I have had my first experience of there and have learnt the basics:
· How to get around with the use of the arrow keys
· How to visit different worlds via transporting
· How to change my appearance although this involves money
· How to interact with objects within the world simply by clicking on them
· And how to have conversations and interact via gestures with other avatars within the worlds

I made my first friend within the world, Ravern who turned out to be a lot of help. She to was new so it was easy to talk about the basics with her. I found out that popular worlds included Pizaz Island so I might check this one out on my next visit into the virtual realm. She talked about trying out activities and how she had been to paintballing however this again requires payment. I feel that she is genuine even though I know this is difficult to realistically know, but the first thing she warned me when she learnt I was new to using there.com was to watch out for guys as they often try and get personal details from you which I was really grateful for her to share with me. This turned out to be true since a guy did approach us and the only questions he asked where ‘are you ladies single’ and ‘asl’ (age, sex, loacation).
We then moved onto a more conversational tone finding out where about we were from and what we were doing in life and I found out she was in fact 28 (or so she says) and that she works as a manager within paint spraying company. I also managed to teach Ravern something within my short time within the world how to jump which I hope she will find useful. We agreed that next time we were both online we would teach each other any other new skills learnt.

No comments: