Tuesday 19 February 2008

There #8 - Malihini

Today I took a tour of Malihini and found many interesting environments within one world. There seemed to be a lot of white buildings and plants around the world and it was hard to decipher the shapes accurately to see what they were and in some cases it gave quite a cold undeveloped feel to the world.
I found a bandstand, which i'm guessing hosts shows as activities but unfortunately there was not one happening. Again though I was disappointed with the level of interactivity as you could not actually play any of them so it seemed pointless them being there when no show was happening.
After I ventured further into the world and found a windmill however it was not actually turning when I visited it possibly due to there being no wind within the virtual realm lol. I went inside to hoping to find something interesting but it was disappointingly just an empty room.
Within this world I found that when you entered different areas that had been created the environment itself changed. Sometimes the lighting would change perhaps to a light purple giving the world a surreal feel. And in some cases even the weather changes one it turned to snow and another was quite scary and was thunder and lightening and made the environment feel very unwelcome so I didn’t even enter the building!
There were some other interesting objects found such as a phone box in typical London styley. Although again interactivity was lost sine it was unable to even be entered let alone used. However I think it would have been a nice idea to enable a phone call via the phonebook and wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve and would make the world seem a lot more realistic.
Just at the end of this visit I decided to have a go at user my hover board at last! But to my disappointment the built up areas of the world have driving restrictions so I did not experience as much boarding as I would have liked. The driving restrictions were good as it meant that you were safe from being run down! However if you entered the restriction you were kicked off your vehicle and some had become stuck within these areas of the world, which was a downfall.

No comments: