Thursday 21 February 2008

There #9 - Parrot Cove!

I felt the urge to carry on my board training and perfect my skills so made sure there was plenty of space in to hover in the next world I visited. There was a gigantic mountain and I decided to venture up it and fly to the peak to see if anything was up there. And I was happy to find that there was, welcome to parrot cove!! However it took a while for me to actually enter as there was a ring to keep the racers within the area and I couldn’t find the entrance for ages! But eventually I found my way in by accident lol.

Parrot cove was a racetrack, which could only be completed by hover or bike. The arrows guided you around the track and you could either beat a personal sore or take part in a race if other people were around to race of course! Keeping in with the name there was a group of parrots but they were static which I found disappointing as they could easily have been on a loop animation of looking around a ruffling there feathers but oh well :( and yet again you could not INTERACT!!!
So since there was not much else to do other than look at them I thought I would have a go at the track and get to grips with my board some more. The completion of the track was difficult not only due to my poor handling of the board but the fact that there were strong gusts of wind pushing you off course and off your board! I found this made it realistic of being at the peak of the mountain where you would expect there to be strong icy winds.

The first time round I completed the course in 2 minutes, which I was actually pretty proud of! But as the track proved to be addictive I had a few more attempts wanting to beat my score, which I am proud to say I did! Plus not only that I reached a new level of skill as a boarder and had no decided I much preferred travelling the world by transport atm especially my hover board and that walking was going to be a thing of the past!

No comments: