Tuesday 22 April 2008

Box

I decided to use the bedroom I had already made from the previous identity project. The bedroom allows interactivity as there are many hiding places for the box, however it is under the bed it can be found like my own is.
I then had to decide on the decoration originally I was going to use a plain wooden effect to immitate the treasure box I based the design on. But I felt this was too impersonal so I decided upon using pictures of me to cover it. I kept the main draws simple using grey but used a piture on the front of the draws to fit in with the box. The logo was placed on the top draw of the box so was always present.


Next I had to create short videos of the draws opening as I wanted them to open when the user clicked on them. As I dont have advance flash knowledge I couldnt achieve a drag open in flash so used the videos instead. I also had to change my initial plan of the objects being dragged out of the draws as this too was not possible to achieve so they came out of the draw during the video. I added a simple opening sound to the draws so that it was more realistic of a draw opening.

I also added roate buttons so that the user could interative with the box and see each side and also buttons on each of the draws which were highlighted with a green highlight on rollover.

No comments: