Monday 20 October 2008

Artist Inspirations.

One of the inspirations throughout my life has been dance. It is one of the major art forms that inspires and captures me and influences everything I do. Therefore when asked to find an artist that inspires me I knew the individual too would have to be inspired by my passion for dance. I found this in the photographer Richard Calmes. I love his portfolio on dancers and how well he captures the movement and love of what they are doing. The ‘out there album’ is my favourite, as I have always wanted to see dancers in the real world. People don’t realise that once a dancer always a dancer it is in your life every single day and so are the lessons you take from it. I was therefore thrilled to find he incorporated this into his work.

His website itself is simple however there are a few elements within it I feel work particularly well. Within the portfolio I feel the interactive image selector helps the user feel they are picking and choosing the images and gives them a feeling of choice. I also like that there is a blog where users can comment on the pictures and he can receive feedback. The music to accompany some of the albums is also effective as incorporates another key area of dance and adds an entertainment element to looking through the photos.

No comments: