Tuesday 20 October 2009

PRP! Question finalised...I think...

Today after a meeting with David to discuss narrowing down my PRP topic I have now, I think got my final question. It is....

Can online gaming addiction traits be used to create 'addictive advertising'?


We discussed how previous choices on addiction didn't really leave much room for 'creative' artefact's and how this would not bode well for my portfolio. By having some artefact's that I actually design it allows me to gain portfolio work to show to future employees. As I want to progress into work within a more corporate agency on the design front we realised I needed some artefact's which incorporated design work. We discussed possibly looking into advertising as a way around this as this is often a part of the design work in corporate agencies, but I still wanted to include an aspect of addiction as this topic had really caught my interest. Therefore David came up with the idea of 'addictive advertising' and how by researching into addictive elements was it possible to make advertising addictive? This also then made way for my 'creative' artefact's as I would design the adverts myself and test user reactions to them.

No comments: