Wednesday 29 October 2008

Boots Library! More Artist Inspiration...Edvard Scott...

After looking through more digital arts journals I finally came across an artist that brought all aspects of the previous artists looked at together. Edvard Scott a self-taught graphic designer and illustrator from Stockholm currently based in New York. He has worked from print to projections and one projection in particular has caught my eye for inspiration for the 3 page website. It is titled yellow and was created especially for the Projector Spectre exhibition in Breda, Netherlands. The festival screened 10 animated films for two weeks during the summer of 2007. It brought to mind ideas discussed in a previous seminar when Shaun was discussing the idea of a 3d website and this could be used as the main opening page as a platform for the rest of the site. As I am thinking of incorporating my interests of either tea or dance I could have a 3D box of teabags or perhaps a stage to relate to the dance idea. Or even following through from the stage idea I could do a website for a theatre and perhaps incorporate a 3d leaflet which opens out to as part of the 3 page site.



I like the way that the piece rotates and looks like it is jumping out of the page and this could be achieved to help give the website depth. I also like the way Edvard has brought an illustrative print to life and how something that is usual static (like a leaflet) is allowed movement of its own.


Within his other prints I like his bold use of colour and the way it makes his work really stand out. The thick black lines used within the prints help to tone down the colour and so that the large amount of colour is overwhelming. His work is abstract and uses patterns of in a way that reminds me of doodling; this could be incorporated into the banner with the swirl like image appearing to grow. I feel I am inspired by this type of art as I myself am a doodler, whenever sat with a paper and pen I will be drawing anything from lines to patterns to an actual mass of images. The swirl like patterns would also relate well to the idea of dance as they are flowing and free just like dance itself.

1 comment:

Jools said...

yeah it looks really good. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.

jools:
http:joolsayodeji.wordpress.com